Site Reliability Engineer - Regulated Crypto Exchange
Also, do you like to be the hero? Then this is the job for you!
Our client is a new regulated(!) exchange that just got it's "De Nederlandsche Bank" registry, which is no small feat. For reference, Binance doesn't have this. Yes, Binance, doesn't, have, this.
So what does this mean? If you're Dutch and you want to buy and trade crypto. Avoid Binance because it's not as consumer friendly and safe as a regulated one.
The company is based in Amsterdam and founded 2 years ago by succesfull fintech/payment entrepreneurs and asset managers that worked for the most trusted Dutch funds.
Their vision is simple: "Create an intelligent, reliable and customer centric platform so anybody in the world can invest with ease of mind, and someone to talk to if needed."
And this needs to be reliable, think you can handle that?
To give you an idea of the culture within the company. First off, this is a well-funded start-up. Which means that the people they hire today will be the leaders of tomorrow. But you'll need to be able to handle stuff on your own. They need self-starting professionals that know what jobs need to be done and don't need to ask what needs to be done.
Because of this a majority of the Amsterdam based team comes to the office 3 days a week. Would be great if a founding member in a role like this is there as well;)
Sounds like you? Good, keep reading.
You're a site reliability engineer. The job is in the title;) All jokes, aside. This site needs to be reliable, we're talking about high frequency trading but also peoples hard earned money. You'll be responsible for how trustworthy everything works.
But here's a nice list of things:
• Monitor and support Staging and Production servers.
• Improve Developer Tooling and manage our Continuous Integration (CI) pipelines for
automating quality testing.
• Manage and maintain AWS EC2, Aurora, VPC, S3, ALB, etc.
• Manage and maintain Mongdb + redis clusters.
• Manage and maintain open source tools such as open vpn, jump server, nexus, etc.
• Manage releases using tools such as Jenkins
• Implement tooling to monitor key metrics and generate alerts.
• Daily maintenance and management of databases in production, such as SQL execution,
database deployment and database upgrades, etc.
• Access control of databases and internal tools.
• Designing and evaluating database structure according to project needs.
• Database backups, inspection, optimization and log analysis.
• Collaborate with Dev, QA, and Product teams, jump in to support and improve development
and release cycle
• Develop tools and bots to improve and automate internal processes
• Collaborate with distributed teams operating across numerous timezones
To be able to do this you don't need to be some DevOps god. No, don't worry. Ambition is the key word here. But because the company is hiring it's founding members. You do need to be able to stand on your own. So If you have the following things (ranked in order of importance), you're good!
3+ years experience working in a SRE, DevOps or equivalent experience as a Backend
Developer working with Infrastructure
• 2-3 years experience working as a DBA, knowledge of the following databases: MySQL,
• Well-versed in scripting languages, building and administration of Linux
• Experience with Cloud infrastructure, ability to optimize service architecture and reduce cost.
Now what do you get in return for all these responsibilities?
- Well money is one thing. Salary goes up to 100k
- A part of the company as well because you'll have the option to get some shares:)
- Paid vacation
- Holiday allowance
- A place to grow with
- Also, a lot of people will be asking you for financial advice;)
Are you interested? Then respond via the application form or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Calling is always faster, you can do that on +31 (0)6 82 09 94 93