Medior React Web Developer
Do you want to pioneer in the new frontier of Web3 games? Are you a motivated web developer, want to be part of a new game studio and are you excited to learn from the best? Then we are looking for you!
The story of our client began in 2019 when the CEO founded his game studio out of passion. Because of aquiring the backing of some of the biggest names and VC's in the industry such, they're currently very financially robust. One of their offices is based in Amsterdam.
Our client is one of the biggest gaming companies in the Netherlands eventhough it hasn't been around for very long, and are currently building their first main title. This won't just be any game, it will be part of an immersive Metaverse powered by NFT technology. Eventhough the game has not been released yet, their community is growing quickly and they're all set to be a dominant force in the space.
The project has not only been turning heads at the community level. Also big investors have their eyes on our client, they have even tried to buy them out... without succes as their CEO has a clear vision and passion for his project!
Their team consists of some very hard hitters with extensive experience at companies like EA, Dice and Riot. The company consists of 21 very dedicated employees of which 14 people are developers currently. They are very willing to teach all they know to their new employees as they're trying to build a long term team, this makes this a great learning environment. Their team is very tight knit and because they work together closely it is important to be in the office 4 days a week. Which is not a bad thing, as the passion and spirit in the team are great... and you get free lunch!
What will you be doing?
So a gaming studio obviously needs a strong website as their web presence is their business card to the world. The website will be used to access their current game in the making, but also their future games which are sure to come, so you will tie it all together!
You will be working on things like:
- Integrating social media into the website,
- Integrating Content Management Systems.
- Integrating metric systems and maintaining those.
- Search engine optimization features.
Apart from the website itself, you will be working with all stake holders in the company and thus are able to see all parts of the company. If you do well, and if you're interested, they're willing to teach you all they know about frontend game development too, and they know a lot...!
Who are they looking for?
- A hungry developer who is passionate about the gaming industry (you don't need any experience yet).
- 3+ year experience in web development.
- Be able to deliver crisp designs supplied by stake holders.
- Have working knowledge of 2 out of these 3: Svelte, React and Vue.
- Knowledge of Node.JS. (or Golang/Java).
- Have some knowledge of how to interact with databases.
Additionally it would be nice to have experience with integration of social media and interacting with Amazon Web Services.
What's in it for you?
- Work in a very promising gaming start-up with exceptional backing.
- A great learning environment with possibilities to grow.
- Work with the latest technologies such as NFTs and React.
- A salary up to 55k yearly.
- Equity in a company you really do want equity in...
- A great working environment with a passionate team.
Are you interested? Then respond via the application form or send your resume to email@example.com. Calling is always faster, you can do that on +31 (0)6 82 09 94 93